Fall is my favorite season for two reasons... 1. The Colorado colors are breathtaking and provide incredible natural backdrops for those outdoor photo sessions! 2. It is a family Photographer's busiest time of the year! Fall also means that I get to see my favorite clients year after year and nothing makes me more happy than to reconnect and see how those babies have grown!
It's that time of year again!
The colorful Colorado fall leaves will soon be transforming and now is the time to schedule your family portrait session for late September through October!
Contact the studio today for a complete schedule!
(970) 260-0982 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Earlier this past winter I had the pleasure of photographing a wedding for a couple in Snowmass, Colorado and just recently that same couple was blessed with a healthy baby girl! Katie Mae was born on June 5th @ 3:20 am, weighing in at 7 lbs 15 oz. and measuring 20.5 inches tall! Her parents came to visit me in the studio about a week after her arrival and we were able to capture some beautiful images. My favorite part of Photography is the relationship I build with my clients and seeing their families year after year.
Welcome to the world, baby Katie! I can't wait to watch you grow!
Ahhhh, little Kenton was so precious and such a joy to have in the studio! This little fella came all the way from Rangely for his session with his lovely family. He arrived for his session just after a doctors visit in which he had been put through the ringer. I admit I was a tad nervous at this point because I wasn't sure how comfortable he would be. I took my time and he did so great! Such a sweet heart.
Welcome to the world baby Kenton!
One of the toughest decisions to make when it comes to photo shoots with groups is what to wear for your family photo session and how to coordinate colors and patterns in your wardrobe. Maybe your family was the one that always opted for the same color polos, so veering away seems challenging! It’s actually very simple to get a group coordinated.
Here are 6 simple tips to help you get started.
1. Pick a color palette, not a single color. For example, a blue/orange palette: blues (dark, light) oranges or coral, and some denim look well together in this grouping. Not every family member has to have all of the colors in their outfits, but make sure everyone blends with each other slightly so everything pulls together.
2. Don’t have too many patterns. One or two in the group is fine, like stripes on a skirt, or something simple like that, but the more patterns, the less put together you look! Too many patterns can also distract from the people.
3. Try and have similar styles. Either choose a nicer, button-up classy look, or maybe have everyone in a more relaxed t-shirt and jeans style, but try to keep consistent.
4. If you are still having trouble choosing a color scheme, look around your house at the décor. When you hang the picture of your family on your wall, what are the colors in that room? Choose colors that coordinate with the surroundings / décor around your house.
5. Pinterest is a great way to get ideas and see how others have coordinated their looks. You can even look up outfit ideas by color. Check out my what to wear pinterest board here for inspiration!
6. Mom should ALWAYS plan her outfit first and build the rest of the family's wardrobe around what she has selected. Remember, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
A while back (several months actually) I spent a chilly afternoon with one of my dear friends and her super adorable family. Oh these little men melt my heart! And the faces they both make are just to die for!
Sweet little LaRue recently turned ONE! She came to visit me on her birthday and we had our own little cake smash session! It was so much fun and this cute baby girl makes the greatest faces, she had me laughing the entire time! I can't wait to watch this little ham grow up!
Smash Cake: Hello Sugar Cakery, LLC
Happy Birthday LaRue!
It's a BOY!
I am pleased to formally introduce you all to little man Kaizen Wesley Field who made his way into this big world on February 12th @ 1:39 pm! Kaizen weighed in at 8.5 lbs and measured 21 inches long, such a handsome little fella. Proud parents Chris and Aspen are the perfect loving parents and I was so tickled to have them visit me in the studio. Kaizen was an absolute angel during his entire portrait session! I look forward to watching this little guy grow up!
Welcome to the world Kaizen!
Congratulations, Chris and Aspen!